THAT MAKE HISTORY
PROBIG GmbH and PROBIG high tech products GmbH are highly specialised companies in the field of innovative non-metallic technologies. The companies evolved from the RÜBIG group of companies in Wels, Austria.
Founded in 1946, RÜBIG has been a leader in the fields of die forging, heat treatment and hardening for decades. By the end of the 1980s, the huge potential of special non-metallic construction materials had been recognised.
PROBIG® has been designing, developing and producing high-quality chain and flight scrapers, bottom and surface scrapers, flotation scrapers and API scrapers using high-tech non-metallic materials for more than 20 years, and has become a pioneer in the use of this technology.
The company name was created from the surnames of the two founders, Dr Paul Rübig and Augustin Perner: Perner and Rübig became PROBIG®.
- 1978 Company founded as Rübig high tech products GmbH in Freilassing, Germany
- 1988 Augustin Perner joins the company as Sales Manager
- 1991 Sale of the first system with non-metallic chain scrapers in the Netherlands
- 1994 Paul Rübig enters politics and Augustin Perner takes over the company
- 1999 PROBIG GmbH is founded in Unterach am Attersee, Austria, with distribution both in Austria and abroad
- 2007 PROBIG GmbH relocates its head office to Timelkam, Austria
- 2008 Rübig high tech products GmbH changes its name to PROBIG high tech products GmbH
- 2010 PROBIG high tech products GmbH relocates its head office to Freilassing, Germany
- 2013 PROBIG GmbH relocates its head office to Vöcklamarkt, Austria